We have adopted the safer spaces policy created by the Edinburgh Anarchist Feminist Bookfair.
This policy applies to the Dundee Anarchist Bookfair, associated events, our meeting spaces, and online spaces.
In order to create an environment to foster free discussion and sharing of ideas, those engaging in abusive or oppressive behaviour will be asked to leave the space.
We encourage all attendees to be aware of this policy, and to take autonomous action if they observe people engaging in abusive or oppressive behaviour.
Volunteers will also be on hand to help enact this as needed.
We define the following as abusive behaviours which are not tolerated in this space:
- Violence and threat of violence (unless in self defence)
- Use of force and threat of force (unless minimal to protect users of the space and the space itself)
- Rape, sexual assault and sexual harassment
- Personal insult (insults or aggression towards an individual)
- Oppressive language (insults or generalisations about a group of people)
- Verbal Harassment, sexual or otherwise (repeated uninvited personal comments or requests)
- Verbal abuse in writing (all of the above in written form, including literature for distribution)
For a full description of what we mean, and what we do not mean, by each of these behaviours, please see https://edinburghafb.org/saferpolicyindetail
For more information about Safer Spaces and the reasons why we have this policy, please see https://edinburghafb.org/policybackground
We would like to reiterate that the Dundee Anarchist Bookfair will be a zero-tolerance zone for expressions of transphobia.
The organisers stand in absolute solidarity with all trans people, especially the trans women and trans feminine people most targeted.
There is no place for transphobia in anarchism.
We will not allow transphobic literature of any kind to be disseminated inside the bookfair, and we will not hesitate to remove individuals or groups that breach our policy.
If prior to Bookfair you have any concerns or suggestions, please feel free to contact us.
Your safety and inclusion are our priority.
On the day itself, we will have a number of volunteers throughout the building who will be happy to act on any concerns you have.
In solidarity, Dundee Anarchist Bookfair.